Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Journey Part II

Time for another update. It took quite a while to get back to our meetings with Pastor Randy Skaja (I only put his name in here to see if this post will come up if I Google his name!). I am starting a new career and all of the training, introductions, classes, etc. have been taking up most of my spare time.

The biggest hurdle I seem to have is that I'm not sure what is expected of me in a spiritual sense. Am I supposed to do things, say things, or what? Pastor Randy has been a great help here. He explained that the feelings I had may not make sense for a great while, if ever. This whole religion thing is still a bit new and confusing, but I think I'm starting to understand a bit more. I am nowhere near feeling comfortable enough to call myself a Christian yet. That would be a lie to myself and an insult to other Christians.

Is Christianity for me? I don't know. I do know that it will take a lot more than a few weeks of attending church and two meetings with the Pastor to know that.

Things are settling out on the home front. This new job has me running around quite a bit lately, but it's a good thing.

Church on Sunday may be a bit interesting. While talking to Pastor Randy, he mentioned that he's seen me and has wondered what was going through my head. I explained that I'm trying to go into this with an open mind and absorb as much as possible. Now comes the problem. He told me that he should use that in a sermon. Great. Now I have no problem most of the time being singled out in a crowd. This is a little different though. I'm not sure I will know how to react. I guess I will find out!

One last thing before I end this entry. Even though you may never see this, I would like to thank Mike, Jackie, Randy, Debbie, and all the others from Crosswalk Church who have made us feel welcome and like family.

No comments: