Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The Journey Part VI

Or, how I stopped worrying and learned to hate the left.

The Journey is chronicling my thoughts and feelings as I proceed down the path of spirituality. For a detailed explanation, see The Journey Part I

Ok, this post really doesn't have a whole lot to do with my personal spirituality, but it does have a lot to do with my attitudes towards the anti-religious element that is out there.




The page


I first came across the ad for this abomination about a week ago. Where is the outrage? If this would be an attack on any other religion, you would have to get in line to protest or denounce it. I'm beginning to learn and understand that Christians are more likely to not fight back against this kind of crap and that's why people keep doing it. What I don't understand is, if most religions teach peace and understanding, why do some other religions have militant wings? Where is the militant wing of Christianity?

The funny thing is, the left love to denounce repression and injustice throughout the world, but will be the first ones to praise and support this piece of crap as a pillar of free speech.

Why won't Christians stand up and fight against this kind of garbage? My guess is that there is a bit of embarrassment to this day over the crusades that were led by Christians over 1,000 years ago. They want to avoid anything that can look even remotely like a warlike stance on anything. Yes, the crusades were some of the most bloody and violent wars in the history of the world, but come on. It was a millenia ago. Things have changed in the world.



These whackjobs are found here

I guess the thing that bothers me most about these whackaloons, besides being from Madison, is how their biggest argument they bring out when something offends them is a total load of crap.

Recently, the group Americans United for Separation of Church and State sued the Elmbrook School District over their use of Elmbrook Church for their graduation ceremonies. The school and church have had an agreement for years and nobody had a problem. until one idiot recently felt uncomfortable attending a graduation ceremony in a church. I'm so glad that U.S. District Judge Charles Clevert ruled that the schools can use the church.

The argument these morons keep using is the separation of church and state. It's obvious to anyone who has read the first amendment that the Constitution says no such thing. It says that the government cannot establish a religion, sponsor a religion, nor prevent the free exercise of religion. Period. It does not say anything about keeping religion out of state offices, keeping state sponsored institutions (like schools) from using religious facilities, nor does it say that you cannot use state buildings (like schools) for religious gatherings. I guess it's sexier to be able to scream "unconstitutional!" every time you are offended by something.

Unfortunately, because I am still a long way from being able to call myself religious, I really do not have much of a leg to stand on. Still, I can point out what I see and hope that others who can yell louder than I can take up the torch. I believe that I will be there eventually, but I still need help.

No comments: