Sunday, September 13, 2009

The Journey Part VII

The Journey is chronicling my thoughts and feelings as I proceed down the path of spirituality. For a detailed explanation, see The Journey Part I

I made a significant jump recently. I was able to talk to our pastor and a few other members during the church picnic. As I stated in an earlier post, the biggest stumbling block I was having was my trust issues. Without trust, you cannot have faith. That chasm seemed to be unbridgeable. Part of my problem is I'm a bit of an apologist. While I have yet to bridge that gap, I now have the materials to make that bridge.

I'm still at a loss here though. Do I have what it takes to be a good Christian? Do I have what it takes to be a Christian period? I am trying to absorb as much as I can during pastor Randy's sermons and during the Bible studies, but I still have some doubts. I guess that's where faith comes in. Maybe the church homework Randy gave me this morning will help. I guess I need to know where I'm coming from before I know where I'm going.

I guess we'll see where this most recent road takes me. This will not be a short journey. Far from it. I see a long, winding, often rough road ahead of me. It's still too soon to know if I will be successful, but I do know that I'm willing to go down that road.

No comments: