Wednesday, October 21, 2009

No, I haven't abandoned this blog yet...

For the very small handful of my readers, no I haven't given up on this blog just yet. Things have changed a bit for me and one of the things that had to be put on the back burner was this writing. The fact that there hasn't been a whole lot of personal stuff to write about hasn't helped either.

There has been a bit of progression in my "Journey" series of posts, but not enough to devote an entire post to. I have also been busy with my recent novel project which has eaten into the free time I had.

Getting back to the writing motivation for a bit, I have found it increasingly difficult to care enough about stuff to write about it. The country is still on it's breakneck speed downward spiral, but it's hard for me to say anything that hasn't been said 40 times over. Personally, my stress level has been so high for so long, that I'm having trouble being motivated enough to write something other than my book. It's funny, the last time I started this, what killed it was it became more of a chore than something I enjoyed. While I haven't got to that point yet, I feel I'm quickly approaching it again. So, dear reader, I need a bit of help. What kinds of things would you like to see? I know my Cubs and Sharks rants have a very limited audience, and while I certainly fill this with Sharks rants of late, that's not the direction I want to go. If you have any ideas, feel free to leave them in the comments below. The only thing I don't want here are political posts. I have a separate area for that.

No comments: