Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Random thoughts

This is an idea I have been tossing around for a while and I would like to start it out. Hopefully it will develop into a series, but we'll see how it goes. Below are just a few, quick observations I have made. They can be taken however you feel fit. These are just my thoughts.

Something I've always wondered...Is having a peanut as a mascot for a nut company a little cannibalistic?

When did Facebook become evil? I have found that Facebook is now one of the biggest time suckers in my life right now.

While we are on Facebook, can I ask one favor? Can all of the stupid, vacuous, puerile, pointless, and just plain dumb cause requests go away PLEASE?! Seriously, if I get one more cause request that has no redeeming quality whatsoever, I am going to snap!

Maybe someone can answer this for me. I have been born and raised in Wisconsin. Can anyone tel me why I'm surprised by the weather anymore? As I write this, it's 69 degrees in Milwaukee. Tomorrow, we will be lucky to hit 50. Why does anyone live here anymore?

I'm going to try again, but I just can't seem to see the appeal of soccer. I tried getting into it during a past World Cup and I will try again next year, but I don't think that the result will be any different. I understand the rules, so that's not causing issues, I just don't see why the world thinks so highly of the game.

Is it wrong that I enjoy tweaking people? You know, doing and saying things that I know will set someone off? It's just too fun!

I know I'm fighting an uphill battle with this one, but I will continue to fight. Why, when character length is not an issue, do people insist on using textspeak? I understand the need for emoticons when it's hard to convey emotion, but how many LOL's, BRB's, ROFL's, and OMG's will I have to endure? In my opinion, it marks you as a bit lazy. I know it's the grammar Nazi in me, but horrible spelling should not be allowed. If people can't figure out what words you are using, how can you expect them to know what you are saying?

I swear, the next time I see someone properly merge onto a highway, navigate a roundabout, or use a 4 way stop properly, I may just die from the shock. Are they even teaching this stuff in driver's ed anymore?

That's it for now. Now, if you happen to fall in any of the above, this is not meant to be an insult. These are some of the things that I find odd, confusing, or frustrating. If you want to write about things I do that annoy you, feel free. I'll probably read it! If you enjoy this and wish to have one of yours included in the next installment, drop me a line in the comments. The e-mail address that is linked to this account has died, and I haven't replaced it yet.

No comments: