- I will never need to replace my book's batteries.
- If I get my book wet, it will not ruin my other books.
- If I drop my book, I can pick it up and still read it.
- If my book breaks, I don't need a degree to fix my book, nor call an 800 number. A little tape/or glue will fix most damage to my book.
- I do not need a 100+ page manual to learn how to read my book.
- I can forget my book in my car in the summer and winter.
- I can hand my book down from generation to generation without having to worry about the new books being backward compatible.
- You can wrap/unwrap a book as a present.
Saturday, October 31, 2009
Why paper books are better than e-books
I stumbled across a discussion on a writing forum that I'm a part of that brought up the idea that printed books could be dead and gone within a few years. I have a problem with this, and I happened to compile a short list. These are just a few of the reasons I feel that paper books will be around much longer than anyone wants to believe.