Friday, November 20, 2009

Bah humbug!

Well, here we are, 7 days from the semi-official start of the Christmas (all you "Happy Holiday people" can bite me!) Season, and I am feeling more humbuggy than normal. The Christmas season has always been a time I would rather not have on the calendar. I won't bore you with the details, but let's just say that the season has screwed me one too many times. My happiest Christmas Eve was in 2001. My roommates were at their families homes and I had the place to myself with nowhere to I had to be. Heaven.

This year, however, is going to go down as one of the lower ones. Unless things change in a vast hurry (and with the economy the way it is, I don't see things changing), I will still be unemployed. That will cause stresses that we all could do without. Besides, I really have no desire to see anyone this year. I haven't talked to my mother in almost two years, and if I have anything to say about it, it will stay that way. I have never really felt welcome with my girlfriend's family and the travel time to see my dad is almost too much to be worth the effort.

I wonder why I even bother anymore. No matter what I do, things end up sucking, or worse. Maybe I'll just say the hell with it, let the GF take the kids to her family for Christmas Eve and I'll stay home and try to finish off my book I'm writing. I'm sure her family will think I'm an ass for not coming, but I honestly think they already think that anyway. Oh well, I will see I guess...

No comments: