Sunday, November 22, 2009

Things I am thankful for...

I've been noticing a lot of people on Facebook are really getting into the whole "Things I'm thankful for" updates lately, and I thought that I would get into it too. The problem is, I'm thankful for so many things, it would be impractical to use Facebook updates. Instead, I will give a handy, easy to manage, list right here!

The Things I am thankful for

  • I am thankful that, as a general rule, the people that vote for American Idol are not the same folks that vote for president.
  • I am thankful that we live in an age where those of us who can be classified as geeks can cherish it and live proudly in our geekness.
  • I am GREATLY thankful for Facebook's 'hide' option. The number of posts I have to wade through thanks to that lovely button has decreased exponentially.
  • I am thankful for Sid Meier's programming brilliance. If it wasn't for his amazing line of Civilization games, I would have had thousands of hours that I would have had to kill some other way.
  • I am thankful for the Chicago Cubs and San Jose Sharks. I really do enjoy having my expectations, no matter how low, go unmet year after year after year after year.
  • I am thankful for the NCAA and their Bowl Championship Series. Without it, there would be no chance to argue over the best college football team.
  • I am thankful for the Wisconsin climate. Where else on the planet is it possible to experience 5 seasons in 4 days?
  • I am thankful for our local media because, lets face it, we really need helicopter coverage following Brett Favre from the airport to his house.
  • Lastly, I am thankful for Rich Rodriguez. Thanks to him, I have my Saturday afternoons in the fall free to do whatever I like.

OK, by now you know that all (most?) of the above is to be taken tongue in cheek. Still, this is the season of thanks however, and I would be remiss if I didn't hand out a few heartfelt thanks. First and foremost is a thanks to everyone involved with and who attend Crosswalk Church in Waukesha. They have gone over and above to help my family and I in many ways. Also, anyone who has helped us out at all during this trying time. I won't mention you individually without asking permission, but you know who you are. Lastly, while this will sound like it belongs above, I thank the inventor(s) of all the energy drinks. Without them, a vast amount of my writing would not have been done. Thank you all!

1 comment:

Beeblebrox said...

I would literally kiss the guys butt who created Red Bull. Two kids plus 15 credits a semester = case a week