Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Basking in the reflected glory

Let's face it, the closest any of us are going to get to fame is if we happen to be in the background of a famous person's photo or if we have a spectacularly dumb death. Up until very recently, my greatest brush with fame was a picture in the local paper when I was 8. I was attending the official opening of Houdini Plaza in Appleton in 1985 (God, has it been that long?) and the unveiling of possibly one of the goofiest tribute statues of all time. That is, until recently.

Now, I will be the first to admit that being linked to a small podcast which originates from a basement in Wauwatosa isn't on the path to great fortune and fame, but I have to take what I can get! Being mentioned in the same paragraph as the great Joseph Paul by the official PhilCast intern, Dan Baggott, well, that makes the weather geek in me squeal like a little girl. To think that I could attain the fame and notoriety of one of the giants of the industry, well, it's more than a little embarrassing. Add that to the mention that I received on the Thursday December 10th edition of the PhilCast and you have more reflected glory than one person should be allowed to have!

Keep up the great work Phil! I have been a fan of yours pretty much from the first day I was a listener of your former employer in the fall of 2000. I have listened to the PhilCast from the very first test Cast. I will do my part, pimping for the Cast for as long as you are on. I wish you luck in making the PhilCast a paying venture for you so you can pamper those gals of yours!

No comments: