Friday, April 9, 2010

Like a Phoenix....Rising from Arizona...

OK, I know it's been several months and the three readers I had have probably gone the way of the dodo (but I'm glad to see the spammers made several visits!), but when things go kerflewy in real life the digital life often has to be pared down a bit. Now that things have leveled out some, I can get back to things here. This return post will be a big grab bag of things so please bear with me.

San Jose Sharks: 2009-10 Pacific Division Champs Pardon me if I don't get as excited about this as I probably should. This is the third straight year that my beloved Sharks have won the division. We all know how the last two have turned out. Last night's game against Vancouver makes me hopeful and nervous all at the same time. On one hand, it was nice to see the boys sticking up for each other on the eve of the playoffs. On the other, three 10 minute misconducts in the third shows a lack of discipline that is more than a little disturbing.

ObamaCare I will probably touch more on this in the near future. I'm not sure what I can say that hasn't already been said by now, but the biggest question I have is this: If this bill was so vital to the interests of the nation, why are we going to have to wait until 2014 for the first benefits to be paid out? There are reports out now that customer service lines at insurance companies and doctor's offices are already being flooded with people wanting to know how they sign up. If the general public wasn't pissed before, once they learn that they will be paying for 4 years before the first benefit is paid out, they will be.

Climb on the Peace Train Once again Diamond Jim and Mayor Barrett are Wisconsin's answer to Admiral Nelson ("I really do not see the signal") with their pushing of the "Half Fast" train to Madison despite a large and vocal opposition. I'm sure that given enough time to think about it, I could come up with several, well thought out responses to the train. Instead, I will let Owen over at Boots and Sabers do it for me.

Sounds good in theory I got to work a bit early last night so I wandered over to the gas station near the building I was working at. For the first time I encountered the talking pedestrian crossing switch. Now, I do agree that this is a pretty decent idea on paper. Problem is, the volume is so low and the quality of the audio so poor, that I had a hard time hearing it over the traffic. Oh well, there's a point in the life of everything that works where it didn't work.

There's always next year 1-3 after 4 games. A manager who says it's not his fault...the players didn't play. Yea, this is going to be a fun year....

Mr. Ryan go to Washington! I will expand on this in the future, but I have to say now that, while we love you here in Wisconsin Paul, I think we would be better served if you were in that great, bleached house in DC.

I wish I could make promises as to the amount of content that will be on here, but at this point I can't. Things are still WAY too much up in the air for me to know if I can stay with this or not. Keep in touch though!

No comments: