Saturday, October 30, 2010

The moment before the moment

You know, Lewis Black had it right all along when he said, "This moment we are sharing right now...Is as good as it's going to get."

The moment of anticipation. There is no better moment. There's nothing better than the feeling you get right before something big happens.

That's where I find myself. This weekend will, for the foreseeable future, be my one and only weekend where I can do what I want, when I want. I'm going to try to enjoy it. I have determined that it will be either the best weekend EVER or suck on toast. There will be no middle ground. I'm going to get out of my comfort zone. I'm just going to let the night come to me. Where I end up is where I end up.

That's the big issue. As Mr. Black also said, "The moment is reality, and reality kinda sucks". I have no delusions about my luck. I have seen it work for me and against me too many times to be able to properly gauge what is going to happen. Still, it will be worth the effort I believe. I've really only just begun to feel 'normal' (I'm never going to be mainstream normal...I'm just aiming for normal for me) and I'm hoping to keep that going as long as possible.

So, if you are a praying person, say one for me. If you are not, I'll be starting the night at Stonefly, so feel free to join me! :)

No comments: