Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Election night thoughts

Just a few quick things while they are still fresh in my mind.

I just returned home for the Scott Walker victory rally. Two things stuck out. First, to no real surprise, there was only a few African American faces in the crowd (I counted 3, but there was a HUGE number of people there). What did surprise me a bit was the number of younger people. I did see some college age people, but not nearly as many as I would have hoped. I don't consider myself young by any means, but we need us younger folks to step up and get active. The generation before us is aging quickly. If we want to continue the gains we made tonight, we have to keep it up.

Milwaukee county concerned me. It seemed that they took forever to report their totals. Maybe it was the fact that there were long lines at 8, I don't know for sure. All I do know is that the only time I saw slower return reporting was when I was living in Appleton. Whatever the reason, it does look a bit shady...even more so when you consider all the fraud allegations that come from certain parts of the city.

I'll write more tomorrow once all the dust settles and we get the final numbers. There seems to be a bit of an issue in the WI-4 race. Dan Sebring refuses to concede under allegations of Irregularities in vote tabulation. We'll check that out as well.

No comments: