Sunday, November 7, 2010

The Underground Conservative Part VI

OK, I admit it. I was dumb. I gave in to the hoopla.

After I volunteered for the Walker campaign on election day, I grabbed a bumper sticker and...put it on my car. Yea, it makes it a bit harder now to be undercover, but I don't care. This was such a historic election cycle for me. I had to do it.

I have always leaned towards politics. I rarely miss voting in an election. I've voted in every presidential election since I turned 18. I have missed a few primaries though. By and large, I have always participated in the process. Over the last two years, however, I have taken it to a new level. I have blogged about it (both here and in the first version of Sharks and Bears), written about it at various other sites, and this year I actually pounded the pavement and knocked on doors on election day. I have attended rallies and defended my candidates online. I don't consider myself a political activist yet, but I do feel that I am knowledgeable enough to be considered a pundit.

I'm more than a little nervous about the sticker. My car is my lifeline (needed for work and food shopping) and in a neighborhood where windows were broken by bricks over a sale of a TV that died (yes, this really did happen...I watched the guy throw the bricks), a Walker bumper sticker might be all the motivation needed for some prick to slash tires or break windows. Still, I am proud to have it there. Make no mistake though, if he doesn't live up to his promises, I will be one of the first ones to vote him out.

That is what all of us who identify with the TEA Party are all about. It doesn't matter if you have a D or an R after your name. If you are committed to lowering the tax burden on the people, control spending, and return this country to it's glory, then we are with you. If you don't do what you said you were going to do, we will find someone who will.

No comments: