Thursday, December 2, 2010

Peu de mort blanche

Well, it starts...

Yea, I know we've been spoiled. It's already December and we are looking towards only our first accumulating snowfall. It doesn't mean I'm happy about it!

Well, let's be honest here. I am looking forward to it a little bit. I'm a weather geek, and that means all weather/storms. The reasons I'm not happy about it have been fairly well documented. I won't rehash this, even though I know damn well it will happen again. As I write this, we are roughly 24 hours from the expected start of the snow and the exact strength of the system is unknown. That makes me very nervous. Doubly so when they are talking about possible lake enhancement.

But I digress...The real reason for this post is to gather advice. For those that missed it, the first storm last winter was also a doozy. One of the more complex storms of the season a well. During that storm, I made hourly observations as long as I was physically able (it was overnight and I did have to sleep a bit). I put it to you, dear reader (yes, I mean my only reader!) should I do the same this year? It will be a bit more difficult as there are few places where I'm living now that I can use for official depth measurements, but I am willing to give it a go.

So, what say you? It will be a fairly short duration storm (aprox. 6 hours as of this writing), so the only thing stopping me from every hour is the timeframe (12 am-6 am Sat.). Would you be interested in my hourly updates on Facebook? Leave a comment either here or on Facebook.

No comments: