Sunday, February 6, 2011

You come and go...you come and go....

Yea, I'll probably never forgive myself for using a Culture Club reference for the title, but I guess I'll just have to live with it!

Whether they want to believe it or not, most people believe in the concept of Karma. Even if you are not a follower of Buddhism or Hinduism, where Karma is a big influence, you have to admit that if you do good things, good things will happen to you. I'm no different. As you saw if you read my writings over the past months, religion was something that just wasn't a fit for me. Still, I've seen too many times where good people get good things because they did good deeds. I've also seen bad people get what was coming to them for their bad deeds. Yea, bad people get good things and good people get crapped on, but overall, things do equal out.

Which brings me to me. Yes, I've made mistakes in my past, but none have been close to what you would consider evil. Yes, there was one chapter of my life that was quite bad and more than a little immoral, but that is long behind me and will never happen again. Over the past few years, I have tried to do good as much as possible. It was not that I was looking for good return Karma (well, at least most of the time!) I was just trying to do the right thing. Now I'm confused. I can't for the life of me figure out what it was that I did that allowed the current run of good. It's just over and above anything that my manic depressive roller coaster of a life has ever given me before.

As you may have noticed, it's been almost a month since anything was posted here. It's not that there wasn't anything I wanted to write about...I had several ideas and a couple even have drafts that were partially written. The two biggest hurdles were the total lack of desire to write and a bit of a lack of time. The lack of time was partially due to the depression of mine requiring me to sleep a lot more than I had before. Now, suddenly, there's a big boost of energy and motivation. With a little luck (and me not having to rely on my total lack of memory) I can take this and pour it into my book and finally get that finished.

There is only one question I have left to get over. How far do I push this? Good Karma is one thing, but pressing my luck during the good run may just push that old roller coaster into a steep dive. For anyone that knows me, I'm not one to do the smart thing very often! Do I push my luck and go for the gold or do I settle for the bronze? I'd love to take some time to think about it before I make that decision. Unfortunately, there's no way of telling how long this good streak will last. Stay tuned my dear reader...this could get interesting...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Skipper....Gilligan says go home..